Thursday, September 30, 2004
 
Debablogging: The Wrap

So when the pizza guy brought my pseudobachelor dinner this evening, he pointed to the Bush Cheney sign in the yard and was happy to see it (he explained in with a light Newyorican lilt in his voice). He said Bush was going to bury Kerry tonight. I'm disappointed he didn't.

I think Bush and Kerry did about what we would have expected. Bush was on message, sometimes almost fumblingly so, Kerry was not intolerable. Kerry might have elevated his discourse from flip-flop to paradox, but he didn't speak in French.

Kerry raised himself to nearly human, or perhaps lowered himself to nearly human, but you still get the sense that he's not quite sincere, not quite earnest. Bush is. And I'll still vote for Bush.

Unlike Instapundit, I don't think Kim Jong Il will be nervous if Kerry's elected. He's about sanctions, resolutions, and Bush is about popping you one if you deserve it. Friends, that's a capital fear for other nations to have, particularly those with opposing viewpoints.

This liveblogging experience brought to you without the aid of alcohol, because until I get a fridge in this office, it's a long trip to the kitchen for a refill. This evening's entertainment also brought to you without the skill of touch typing, which is why your content is thinner here than with the pros. But thanks for coming anyay. I should have listened to my beautiful wife and used that Mavis Beacon she bought me when I was but a young man of eight and twenty.


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."