Monday, December 21, 2009
 
Book Report: When's Later, Daddy? by Bil Keane (1974)
Yes, I did read another book of 1960s and 1970s cartoons to make my annual quota of 100 books. Well, what would you do?

I guess some Family Circus cartoons are amusing. I certainly empathize with them now that I have Jeffy and PJ of my own. But they do seem to be relics of a bygone era of straight nuclear family cartoons. Although the pages of this paperback are yellowed with age, in my mind's eye they were all printed on green paper as part of the Milwaukee Journal's Green Sheet.

I guess it's worth your time if you're a fan of these sorts of books, as I seem to be, or you need to make quota, which I often need to do. A good, quick, mindless short evening's reading.

Books mentioned in this review:


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."