Saturday, December 26, 2009
 
Book Report: The Darwin Awards II by Wendy Northcutt (2000)
It's been five years since I read the next volume in the series (The Darwin Awards 3, wherein the numbering went Arabic instead of Roman. You know, what I said about that book also applies to this book, really. It's a digest of Web site postings. The essays that introduce each chapter still annoyed me.

But five years later, I'm less amused by the anecdotes of creative deaths. Maybe I'm getting older, maybe I'm moping through the first holiday season without my mother, but I'm just not as into the concept as I had been five years ago or when I first sat in my TALXware training session in 1998 and read the site after finishing up an easy exercise in writing an IVR script.

But, to say something nice about it, it's as good as any other in the series as I've read. There's some faint praise for it.

Books mentioned in this review:


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."