Sunday, June 14, 2009
 
Book Report: Back to the Future III by Craig Shaw Gardner (1990)
Last autumn, I read Back to the Future and Back to the Future Part II. Back then, I said:
    Unfortunately, I don't think I have the third novelization of the movie (although I do have the trilogy of movies, which this book encourages me to watch). And I want it.


Well, I didn't have to go to Ebay or anything since it turned up serendipitiously at a school rummage sale I attended last week. So I jumped into it as soon as possible. The novelization is from the same guy who did the second one, so he still overuses the question marks and the exclamation points. But he does neat things to cover visual effects, such as the Eastwood Gorge sign change in the end. In the film, it's a visual effect, and the author seamlessly has Marty notice it. Other times, though, he seems to bang it a little bit.

The movies are very visual experiences, and some of it is lost. But a good nostalgic read never the less.

Books related to this review:


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."