Wednesday, July 30, 2008
 
Crossing Over, With Brian J.
As some of you might be surprised to learn, I have crossed over from time to time when it comes to voting, particularly for state races. Actually, "crossing over" is a bit of a misnomer; I tend to vote for Democrats, Libertarians, and Republicans based on a strange algorithm that only I understand.

This year, I cannot cross over to vote for Al Liese (Dem.) for state representative just so I can see which member of the family runs next time when Liese, who replaced his son using very similar signage for his run, gets term limited out. I thought it was a neat trick, but I was a neophyte in that scam even though I saw The Distinguished Gentleman. Now, though, I realize that Missouri politics is a full employment program for the Carnahan family as well as the other microdynasties-they-hope in the Blunt, Loudon, McNary, et al families.

Still, if Katherine Bruckner (her "blog") somehow gets nominated for state rep, I'd vote for her in a heartbeat. I mean, she's a Democrat proud she's got her concealed carry license? That's tougher than the Republicans vying for the spot on the ballot, word.

Additionally, I'm kicking around voting for Jay Nixon for governor if Kenny Hulshof is elected. I have a new motto: I trust a Missouri Democrat more than a Washington Republican. The difference, of course, lies in that anyone elected to or running for a national office is now a national servant, not the servant of the Missouri people. The money for the race comes from the outlying states, and suddenly the candidate espouses the national party's opinions. It's why I could have tolerated a Governor McCaskill but am not too pleased with Senator McCaskill.

Of course, once I start seeing the Jay Nixon ads and he starts making me sick of him, I might end up going Hulshof after all. Reluctantly.


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."