Thursday, June 26, 2008
 
Book Report: Clash of the Titans by Alan Dean Foster (1981)
You remember the movie with the L.A. Law guy? No? Damn kids. This is the novelization, essentially a recasting of the Perseus myth with a bit of modern (ca. 1981) costumery.

I like Alan Dean Foster, as you know, and he got a lot of this sort of work. He adds some allusions within the text not found in the movie, but some of the off-script scenes sound completely different, as though a couple pages of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead were accidentally grafted into Hamlet.

Still, it serves its purpose: reminding me I need to watch the DVD of the film I bought some years ago. Actually, I think the real point was to make me go buy something related to the film to add to its bottom line, but I don't think the lunchboxes still add to MGM's bottom line 30 years later.

Books mentioned in this review:


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."