Tuesday, May 06, 2008
 
Good Book Hunting: May 3, 2008
Even after our run on the Friends of the Old Trees Library book sale on Thursday, we decided to go out on Saturday to a couple of yard sales even though my beautiful wife used the "I'm going to have a baby any minute" excuse to limit our excursion. I mean, come on, how else will you know if the fifty cent baby clothes are going to fit?

So we only went to four garage sales, and I bought only two books at fifty cents each (since we didn't discover if the baby clothes would fit).

A couple books from a garage sale
Click for full size


This includes:
  • Master and Commander, the historical novel by Patrick O'Brian.

  • Dot Calm, a book about relaxing in the modern world, I guess. Want my hint? Quit your job and work in your yard more often. That's what I did, and so far so good.
Amount spent: $1.00. Number of books: 2.

It marks a rare Saturday where I bought fewer books than I read over the course of the week.


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."