Tuesday, May 20, 2008
 
Book Report: The Book of Tomatoes by National Gardening Association (1995)
I bought this book because I was going to put in some tomato plants. Of course, I didn't read the book until I'd already done several wrong things with the tomato plants, but what's a guy to do?

This book is a supplement to the National Gardening Association's regular materials, apparently. It covers the gamut of tomato raising, from selecting the right variety between the determined/indetermined growth varieties, natural resistance to disease and insects, and onto fertilization techniques, planting considerations, and finally into canning tips and recipes for tomato dishes.

I learned a lot from this book and hope that next year I can put its lessons, coupled with the big ones I'm learning this year on my own, into practice.

Books mentioned in this review:


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."