Thursday, April 24, 2008
 
More Supporting Evidence
Another blog supports the thesis from my Suburban Journals column from yesterday: Some Things Are Still Cheap:
    Once in a while at work I am taken aback at how cheap some things are. I find myself on occasion wondering how a certain item could be made in China, shipped over here, marked up, then marked up by me and still cost what is a relative pittance.

    I have always been amazed at how cheaply you could eat if you needed to. I am not talking about USDA prime cuts here. If you were down and totally out and needed to resort to cheap food just to sustain, you can get by on just a few bucks a day. Mac and cheese is .59. A loaf of bread is still under a buck. Fruit and veggies are still relatively cheap compared to other foods.
(Link seen on Instapundit.)


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."