Thursday, January 10, 2008
 
The Inflation of Evil
A bunch of kids throw a bag of feces (story). A juvenile prank and gross, but how does it fit on the moral scale? Well, according to the woman hit with the, erm, shrapnel:
    They saw me standing at the entrance, and they did it anyway," she said. "It was very evil."
Not merely evil, but very evil. I wouldn't put it much past naughty myself, but I have perspective.

The teens have been charged (story), and the woman, a school teacher, shows her perspective and forgiveness:
    "I'm glad they charged them," Geusz said. "I wish they could find more charges."
And:
    Geusz said the two oldest boys later came to her classroom at Fort Zumwalt North High School to apologize. She said she asked them to leave because she did not believe what the boys were telling her.
And:
    Now, Geusz said, she hopes the courts will impose a punishment that sends a message, perhaps requiring the boys to pay for her clothes and do community service. "I'd love to see them in jail," she said. "I'd love to see that because what they did is just horrendous."
I guess she's showing perspective by not calling for their outright execution.

Meanwhile, inventive Federal prosecutors are no doubt finding ways of turning this into either a hate crime, a sex crime, or a fraud crime so that these kids can pay a greater penalty and really screw their lives up for a prank gone wrong.


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."