Sunday, January 06, 2008
 
Good Book Hunting: November 21, 2007 (The Late Edition)
Gentle reader, I have been holding something back from you. It's the results of our November 21 trip to yard sales and what books I bought there. I haven't been buying much in December except for a couple trips to the bookstore or Amazon.com (The Fred File, And Then We Came To The End, Honeymoon with my Brother, and Mark Bowden's Road Work). But in November, our last real excursion of last year, I bought the following:

November 21 book hunting results
Click for full size


We have:
  • An architecture handbook so I can be just like Howard once I get the orange hair dye to take.

  • A book of lists (not the official The Book of Lists) about the best things.

  • A smart-sounding book about Naturalism. I forget what sort.

  • A biography of Tolstoy's wife.

  • Some flat book I forget and am too lazy to look for.

  • A promotional copy of the last Billy Joel live CD.

  • A record containing some gothic and renaissance music.

Heather's stack is to the right.

That lone book in the middle was a mistake; sometime in the transfer of passing back and forth the stack of books and the boy, we picked up the book upon which we had put the stack and there it is. Now it's mine by default.

The end of yard sale season (which is November, oddly enough, here in Missouri) means we won't really go nuts buying books for a couple weeks yet until the sporadic book fairs begin again. Which gives me time to get in some reading, as you'll note below.


Comments:
Nice... but I have to say that your cat is gorgeous. I now want to go get a kitten!

I blame you.
 



She is one of many cats, as you know.

Many of them have made their appearances on this blog beside book stacks such as these.
 



Post a Comment

<< Home
 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."