Saturday, July 28, 2007
 
Book Report: Sweet and Sour by Andrew A. Rooney (1992)
This book collects a number of Andy Rooney's newspaper work from the late 1980s and early 1990s. As they're not based on current events, they're aging well, although a couple of his cast-off ideas have come to pass (a news scanner? Hello, RSS). As you know, I am a fan of the author (see also Years of Minutes and Word for Word).

So I like the author, I read his books, and I get, more and more as I age, where he's coming from.

Unfortunately, the book finishes with a couple of eulogies that Rooney wrote for some long time friends and co-workers, which is a real downer of a way to end a book; coupled with the fact that Tangled Vines ended with eulogies, and suddenly old Brian is feeling a bit of end-of-life melancholy.

Books mentioned in this review:


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."