Wednesday, May 09, 2007
 
Crony Capitalists Giveth
And crony capitalists taketh away:
    The Washington County Board has refused to pay a $4 million subsidy to Cabela's Inc., the world's largest direct marketer of outdoor gear, for construction of a store that opened in Richfield in September.

    A slim majority of supervisors Tuesday voted against borrowing the funds that the board had pledged to Cabela's in September 2005 as an incentive for building the store in the county.
I know, I rail on crony capitalism in the form of governments giving incentives to certain developers or corporations for selection of one municipality over another, but I'm even more disturbed that governments are becoming brazen in not holding to their words, resolutions, promises, writs, and whatnot.

Pardon me while I synchronize my watch with the continuing countdown to the end of our Western civilization.


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."