Monday, January 22, 2007
 
A Dozen Of Dimes
For not particular reason, I started thinking of songs that mention dimes. Including:
  • "My Hometown" by Bruce Springsteen
    I was eight years old, running with a dime in my hand....

  • "Downtown Train" by Rod Stewart
    I'm shining like a new dime....

  • "Operator" by Jim Croce
    You can keep the dime.

  • "Raspberry Beret" by Prince
    I was working part time at the five and dime...

Okay, that's not a dozen, but I do have comments enabled here. You help me round out the list, okay?


Comments:
Brother can you spare a dime?

Jukebox - Don't put another dime in the jukebox I don't wanna hear that song no more

There. That brings you up to six.
 



Jewel, "Down So Long"
And a blind man on the corner
Said, it's simple,
Like flipping a coin
Don't matter what side it lands on
If it's someone else's dime


Do you get the sense my blog is not a "community" and instead is a large contingent of Google users looking to see Samus Aran naked?
 



"The Wall Street Shuffle" by 10cc
They plead with you, buddy can you spare the dime...
 



"I love Rock & Roll" by Joan Jett
So put another dime in the Juke Box Baby!
 



Ani DiFranco - Outta Me, Onto You

i'm gonna turn on a dime
give you five cents change

hln
 



"Jenny Says" by my favorite band, Cowboy Mouth

A dime's a nickel and a nickel's none, I throw myself into the Sunday sun

~Sheila E~
 



Gene Watson - Paper Rosie

"She sold you paper roses
But they only cost a dime "

KG
 



Please, Mister, Please - Olivia Newton John

If I had a dime for every time I held you
Though you're far away, you've been so close to me
I could swear I'd be the richest girl in Nashville
Maybe even in the state of Tennessee

KG
 



Much better, friends. Thanks.

How about The Drifters: "On Broadway"?
But how're ya gonna make some time
When all you got is one thin dime
And one thin dime won't even shine your shoes


It's a twofer.
 



"Dime" by Cake


I'm a dime
I'm fine
And I shine
I'm freshly minted

 



Post a Comment

<< Home
 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."