Saturday, December 16, 2006
 
Wine Marketers Targeting Children
BEYOND ANIMAL MAGNETISM: The lesson of critter labels: Drinkers judge wine by what's on the bottle:
    Three Blind Moose, Four Emus, Funky Llamas. A menagerie of critter labels on wines has emerged in the past three years, all hoping to emulate the success of a certain Yellow Tailed marsupial. In 2005, these wines locked up $605 million in sales, and average sales of 77 new animal labels launched since 2003 more than doubled those of their non-critter rivals, according to ACNielsen. So, it seems, what's on the label does make a difference.
Put a camel on a pack of cigarettes, and you're targeting children. So I got some bad news for the wine marketing crowd when the Round All Corners Society picks up on this tidbit of research.


Comments:
Its true. I am one of the suckers who buy wine according to how much I like the bottle.

What can I say... I'm shallow.
 



If I had known about "Crazy Loon" when I was 12, I would no doubt be a complete failure today.
 



Post a Comment

<< Home
 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."