Wednesday, December 06, 2006
 
Book Report: So Long As You Both Shall Live by Ed McBain (1976)
I found a pile of Ed McBain books at the Carondolet Y book fair this year, and I bought them. This book clocks in at 147 pages, so it's more like a novella than a novel, but it was a quick read.

The book deals with Bert Kling's marriage to the model, Augusta, and her kidnapping on their wedding night. The detectives of the 87th, along with Fat Ollie Weeks, beat the bushes, grasp the straws, work the informants, and ultimately find her just in time.

Even though I know the longer story arcs of these characters, I can still enjoy individual books pulled from the middle of the 87th Precinct series. It would be a neat endeavor to read them all in order. Someday, perhaps, when I get them all.

Sure, it's a short review. It's a short book. And you don't read these anyway.

Books mentioned in this review:


Comments:
Yes I do. ;-)
 



Post a Comment

<< Home
 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."