Tuesday, October 03, 2006
 
I Didn't Sign That Paperwork
A friend e-mailed me from his new job, and I saw his signature block was doubtlessly a company recommendation:
    CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for those to which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, and prohibited from disclosure and unauthorized use under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying of this e-mail or the information herein is strictly prohibited by the sender. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting all copies from your system.
Dear unnamed company functionary, please note that my receipt and opening a message that came from your servers does not constitute a legally binding agreement on my part. Come and get me if you must, but please spare me the ill-informed bluster.


Comments:
This is what happens when you allow lawyers near your mail servers.
 



HEYYYY.. I work at a law firm. You are fully expected to follow the instructions in that disclaimer or face the legal ramifications. Either that or I'll just punch you in the forehead.
 



Post a Comment

<< Home
 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."