Saturday, October 21, 2006
 
Book Report: The Two Minute Rule by Robert Crais (2006)
Well, it's been a year and a half since I read a Robert Crais novel (The Forgotten Man). I'd even forgotten this book existed, since it was behind a wall of unread books on my to read shelves. Now that I have a couple extra book cases, I have spread these books out, and it appeared.

I wasn't that pleased with Crais's later offerings leading up to this book, but I was very happy with this book. It centers on a convicted bank robber getting out and integrating into society. However, on the day before he gets out, his estranged son, an LAPD officer, is gunned down. The official story doesn't make sense, and the ex-con turns to the FBI agent who put him away, now retired, for help.

Together, they try to find out why four police officers allowed someone to come up to them in a secluded riverbed without suspicion. They determine that the officers were looking for sixteen million dollars in unrecovered bank heist loot. Once they found it, a fifth man eliminated his partners. Someone in the police force wants the ex-con to be re-con to protect himself and his retirement.

The pace moves along well, the characters are interesting, and I rather liked the book. I got it as a gift from my beautiful wife, and it's probably worth the money if you want to click the link below.

And based on this book, maybe I'll even read any new Elvis Cole novels.

Books mentioned in this review:

 

 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."