Saturday, October 14, 2006
 
Author Coming to Town
The Programs Coordinator for the St. Louis [City] Public Library has informed me that Daniel Woodrell, the author upon whose works I commented in August, is coming to town:
    The St. Louis Public Library and Big Sleep Books are pleased to host author Daniel Woodrell. He will discuss and sign his new book, Winter's Bone, November 15 at 7pm at the Schlafly Branch Library, 225 N. Euclid Ave. Books for sale will be provided by Big Sleep Books. This event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 314-206-6779. Winter's Bone follows a 16-year-old heroine named Ree as she hunts for her drug-dealing father, while trying to keep her family intact. The book, set in Missouri's Ozarks region, is earning comparisons to True Grit. Daniel Woodrell lives in the Missouri Ozarks. Winter's Bone is his eighth novel and has just been selected as the 2007 ReadMOre book.
Well, there you go; or there you might go, but I'll probably skip it.

In a side note, the Programs Coordinator represents the third person with whom I went to high school to contact me out of the blue this week. Weird.


Comments:
I found you while googling the AOL idle message...

you are damn amusing...
 



Thank you, thank you, I am here all week.
 



Post a Comment

<< Home
 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."