Tuesday, February 28, 2006
 
Book Report: Planning & Remodeling Family Rooms, Dens & Studios Sunset Books 1979
I bought this book for a dollar from Hooked on Books this weekend and sat down to mostly glance at its pictures. Of course, I've recently been considering family rooms, dens, and studios, not to mention some rathskellar basement bars, so I hoped to get some ideas from the book.

The book puts me in an odd place; although I remember rooms designed like this, I think it screams for James Lileks treatment on the rooms and color patterns and whatnot. The strangest bit, though, is the people. I can convince myself that some of these environments were warm and inviting and even "neat," but not the haircuts and dress. Also, the remodeled rooms all feature neat places to hide your 19" television and some of the more modern studies feature electric typewriters.

Wow.


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."