Friday, November 11, 2005
 
Great Moments in Fiscal Restraint
Talent's amendment could save Boeing C-17:
    Sen. Jim Talent, R-Mo., on Wednesday introduced a $7 billion amendment to a defense spending bill, aiming to keep open the St. Louis production line for Boeing's C-17 transport plane.

    Pentagon officials recently alerted Congress of their plan to stop buying the plane.

    The amendment by Talent authorizes the Air Force to buy up to 42 C-17s in the next few years. It also calls on the military to keep the line open until the need for more "lift" aircraft to deploy and sustain forces abroad is assessed.
Gee, I wish my wife would authorize me to continue spending money until we determined whether or not I really needed to.

Next time I am voting for the Libertarian.


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."