Friday, June 10, 2005
 
Steinberg on Others on Blago, Uh, Illinois' Governor
From Neil Steinberg's Chicago Sun-Times column today:
    Daley isn't the only public servant receiving scrutiny. Our embattled governor, Rod Blagojevich, is on everybody's minds and lips. His name came up in three very different conversations I had with three very different people one day this week. Since I am known as being a negative sort, I will present the bare facts behind the trio of comments without any kind of embroidery: Time: 12 noon. Place: Back room at Gene & Georgetti's. Speaker: a well-respected, longtime Chicago editor:

    "I've been watching politics for 40 years, and he's the worst governor we've ever had, bar none."

    Time: 2:30 p.m. Place: Editorial board room of the Sun-Times. Speaker: a longtime state officeholder:

    "He's missing in action and not paying attention."

    Time: 5:30 p.m. Place: the Metra Milwaukee North Line. Speaker: a lady on a train:

    "He's in over his head. He doesn't know what he's doing. I kinda feel sorry for him."
When Neil Steinberg turns on a Democrat, it's obvious the only principle the Democrat has espoused is Peter.

But you know, gentle reader, how I feel about my governor. I want to draft Matt Blunt 2008.


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."