Thursday, June 02, 2005
 
The Shape of Things to Come
Microsoft Will Drop 'My' Prefix for Longhorn:
    If you are a Microsoft user, there's a big change coming in Longhorn -- the code name for the next MS operating system: the "My" prefix is disappearing.

    Microsoft users have become used to the "My Music," "My Pictures," and other "My" folders, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, reported. Those Windows folders will still be yours -- but they won't keep hitting you over the head with that terminology.

    Ending a longstanding tradition, Microsoft says, starting in the next Windows version due out next year, folders will be known simply as "Documents," "Music," and so on.
It's a precursor to renaming all folders and whatnot as Our Computer, Our Music, Our Documents, and so on.


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."