Wednesday, June 22, 2005
 
Everyone Loves Government Bailouts
American Airlines management, unions stand together on pensions:
    Keep those pension checks coming.

    That will be the battle cry today of some 300 American Airlines employees, who plan to flood the halls of Congress and lobby for pension reform. Airline management and key unions say they are united in preserving employee pensions, a benefit that's been waylaid at other passenger carriers that have succumbed to bankruptcy.
I bet they can all agree that the lush government teat can do everything: Keep those checks coming to employees, and remove obligations from the company and its management.

Remind me to offer a pension plan that I cannot afford to anyone I hire; after all, if I get big enough and bankrupt enough, I won't have to follow through on my contractual obligations, either.


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."