Tuesday, June 07, 2005
 
Book Report: Felton & Fowler's Best, Worse, and Most Unusual by Bruce Felton and Mark Fowler (1975)
I probably inherited this book from my aunt, and I selected it because I'm a sucker for book of list sorts of things and other capsulated books where I can browse and pick up trivial knowledge. Like who Beethoven thought was the best composer ever, and so on. Of course, I'm not going to tell you the answer. If you want to know, you'll just have to wait for the question to come my way in competition, and hope you're snacking on pretzel rods at my table in trivia night and not sitting across the table from me, rubbing your unused pie pieces like Captain Queeg.

The book crosses into some gauche territory, with its descriptions of how to best butcher and prepare human flesh for consumption, and into some unintentionally tragic territory, such as awarding Worst Office Building Honors to the World Trade Center. But it's a good bit of reading, amusing, and unfortunately not something to take as gospel. For its text describes the worst sport, which the Aztecs of Peru..... Well, never you mind, it still provides authoritative answers to unasked trivia questions which might prove true.

But not the Aztecs of Peru.


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."