Monday, January 10, 2005
 
The Noggle Edit

Another ad in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch from yesterday, with my markup in red for your approval:

Social Security

If we feel like gambling,
WE'LL PLAY THE SLOTS
AND WE CAN, BECAUSE WE HAVE
THIS FREE GOVERNMENT MONEY WE CAN PISS AWAY
.

Let's not turn Social Security into Social Insecurity. While the program needs to be strengthened eradicated, private accounts that take money out of Social Security are not the answer on Jeopardy! since you have to answer with a question and will hurt all our generations, the only one with any real hope of dying while Social Security is solvent. There are places in your retirement planning for risk, but Social Security isn't one of them, and you can take our word for it since we're wise enough to rely on continued government largesse and taxpayer benevolence for our retirement instead of, you know, intelligence of any sort. Call your legislators at 1-800-307-8525 and urge them to oppose private accounts that put Social Security at risk.

AARP The power to make it better ourselves richer at the expense of those damn kids, many of whom are in their thirties by now.


I would tell you what I think about the AARP, but the language might get me banned by some filters, and I wouldn't even know about it to cash in on the persecutional publicity. Let me say that I respect my elders and I respect any other human until such time as he, she, or it tries to violate me, my family, or my property. Which is really what the AARP wants, my earnings to fund its members' continuing and unplanned for existence.


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."