Friday, October 15, 2004
 
VodkaPundit's "Associate" Will Collier: Heretic

Stephen Green, who rumor has it was banished from St. Louis for making a remark about the Chicago Cubs that could be construed as anything other than an insult, allows a guy to use his blog to utters promulgate more heresy: Green's "associate" has contradicted the blogma that James Lileks is the Most Holy Newspaper Columnist, both regular and extra syndi.

I'd say he should be stoned, but he's already half way there in an airport in Florida even as we speak.

Friends, don't let him plea for mercy with the admission
    I once bought a broken Donkey Kong, Jr. arcade game for $35. It took another $12 and about an hour to fix it (it's since been traded for the sweet Asteroids Deluxe that graces my den). Makes me just chuckle in an evil fashion at anybody who pays two grand for one of these.
Yea, verily, for I have looked in the Most Hallowed Tome of the Revered and have found his name lacking. Of course, mine was, too, but I had been removed during an audit after changing ISPs. What's Green's associate's?

Except he's a witch. Or a heretic. Scroll back up and see; I've been on Killer List of Video Games so long in my "research" that I have forgotten what I was accusing him of.

UPDATE: Someone using the name "Stephen Green" in an e-mail has taken umbrage at this post:
    Will Collier wrote that piece, not me! And we're up two games to nothin'.




    -S.
Upon further review, I have determined that the post on VodkaPundit has been attributed to this "Will Collier" fellow, but as I replied to my e-mail correspondent, I have never seen Stephen Green and Will Collier in the same place. Of course, I have never seen Will Collier or Stephen Green in person, so perhaps I have seen them together and have not known it. But don't confuse me.

Ergo, I have corrected this piece inline in red.

The rebuttal from the e-mailer claiming to be Stephen Green, and indeed the post itself raise two more scandals:
  • The e-mailer said And we're up two games to nothin'. revealing that he is a Yankees fan or is trying to slander Stephen Green as a Yankees fan. Don't confuse me, I am doing old-fashioned investigative muckraking blogournalism here.

  • If Will Collier has the Asteroids Deluxe, Green is sacrificing some geek cred by not immediately enumerating his video game collection. Sure, he's got a new wet bar we all covet, but that cosmopolitanism cred, and the exchange rate for pure geek creds is low.

 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."