Sunday, October 17, 2004
 
Always Check the ALT Tags

As a Web software tester, I always check the ALT tags of images and, much to the chagrin of the developers with whom I work, I frequently take issue with non-parallel text, misspellings, or grammatical errors in the text that displays when a user mouses over an image.

Which is why you'll never see this in a site (or HTML-enabled e-mail) I've tested:
    A fund-raising e-mail from a Democratic congressional candidate contained a hidden expletive directed at his opponent, a newspaper reported Saturday.

    The expletive aimed at Republican Greg Walcher could be seen when recipients dragged their cursor over an image of John Salazar, who sent the e-mail to supporters Thursday seeking donations, The Denver Post reported.
Sheesh. But I expect the team who put together the piece wasn't concerned with quality.

(Link seen on Instapundit, who needs a link from me like he needs to find a penny on the sidewalk.)


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."