Saturday, August 28, 2004
 
Et Tu, American Greetings?

A family member bought this card for the punchline, but didn't realize that she wasn't part of the niche market this card serves.

The cover:

Cover of birthday card.
Click for full size


Weapons of Mass Destruction. Money.

The inside:

Inside birthday card.
Click for full size


Two things you won't find inside this birthday card.

Okay, I can see some humor in that, well, more an attempt at humor, but something. And then there's the back:

Back of birthday card.
Click for full size


A caricature of George W. Bush, saying "Trust me, they're there."

So what's your point, "American" Greetings?

I suppose they're trying to cater to a hip urban crowd who's swallowed the load that Iraq didn't have weapons of mass destruction because those that have been found were just about destruction, not about destroying Catholic worship cermonies.

I've never paid much attention to greeting card manufacturers, but I know that the maker's name is listed right above the price, and I'll buy my 149 cards from Hallmark now, thanks.


Comments:
"I have no problem with voting republican, but this guy is a total moron."

Thanks for elevating the discourse, sir. I have no problem with dissenting with Bush's stances--I often do--but name calling doesn't proffer alternatives or disprove what someone says or does as right.

But it's not about right or wrong or truth, ainna? It's about winning and ruling.
 



Post a Comment

<< Home
 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."