Sunday, July 04, 2004
 
Slipping the Surly Bonds of a Target Demographic

The headline on the Maxim article is Be Her Boy Toy and the lead is:
    Younger guys and older women: Why should Ashton and Justin have all the fun? Rosie Amodio explains the benefits of Mrs. Robinsons…and how to score one.
Mrs. Robinsons? Hardly. Let's count the rings on some of these "older" women:
  • Like lots of girls my age, I’ve had a stud puppy. I was 26, he was 21.

  • “Sure, when I dated a 30-year-old, I tried to act more sophisticated. I dressed well, held doors, bought her flowers, wore cologne,” says Benjamin, 23.

  • The first time Billy and I had sex, I was the boss,” says Jane, 29.

  • “A guy I dated picked me up in the cheesiest way. He said he’d been watching me all night but was intimidated because I seemed worldly and stylish,” says Luanne, 31.
Holy Hebe, Tulsa, those older women are younger than we are. I know, I am cherry-picking the ages by highlighting the oldest, but let's see what we have in the senior citizen category from the article:
  • “I dated this 25-year-old who was such a party boy,” says Jane, 35.

  • “Once we went out, flirted all night, and didn’t even make it back to my place,” says Karina, 36.

  • “It’s a mental rush to date some 23-year-old guy, but it’s weird if it goes on for too long,” says Jenny, 36.
Cripes, Tulsa, they're still the same age as Grandpa Doug, who's 36. You ever get the feeling we're not exactly the people whom Hugo Boss seeks in his ads anymore? I mean, I'm about ready to bust out of the Hot or Not 26-32 age group. I guess we're getting old.

Man, I can even remember changing fax machine paper rolls. Better hike my Dickies up another couple inches.

(Link seen on Fark. Those damn kids better get off my lawn!)


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."