Wednesday, July 14, 2004
 
Please Let Me Break This To Heather, Privately

Friends, I ask you to let me break this news to my beautiful wife when she returns from Buffalo tomorrow. I don't want her to hear it on the news, and I don't want someone else to mention it in an offhand e-mail or phone conversation. I know what it will mean to her, and I want to tell her in a safe place for her, where she's surrounded by cats.

When we saw Spiderman 2 last week, I got out all of my comic books, four boxes' worth, and showed them to her, and she showed me her smaller collection, which included a bunch of DC stuff and one fairly complete set of a single Marvel title. Dazzler. That mutant chick must have served as some role model for my wife as she grew up, and undoubtedly Heather will feel some deep connection to Dazzler, perhaps even a sense of protectiveness to Dazzler and what Dazzler meant to her.

So I just want to be there to comfort my beautiful wife, to hold her if she needs it, and to have some Puffs with lotion nearby, when I tell her that Jessica Simpson will play Dazzler in the next X-Men movie.


 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."