Monday, June 07, 2004
 
Hockey Heaven

  • Tampa Bay Lightning win Stanley Cup. In a hard fought, nail-biting series, Khabibulin proves the better goalie over Miikka Kiprusoff. Story

  • Brian Noggle wins Great Hockey Pool 2004. It's a little pool run by a former co-worker. Since I picked Tampa Bay to win the cup, with their victory I edged out some late competition. It's my second win in two years, marking the beginning of a dynasty. Of course, I've gotten much better at it now that we're not playing for real money.

  • Milwaukee Admirals sweep Wilkes-Barre / Scranton to win the American Hockey League's Calder Cup. Ah, my hometown team, the first hockey team that I ever saw play a game. Led by a lifetime minor-league goaltender, the Admirals hoist their first championship cup, bringing honor to my hometown and all 40 hockey fans in Milwaukee. Story
Regular blogging should resume tomorrow now that the Stanley Cup finals are over, and the NHL for that matter.

 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."