Sunday, March 07, 2004
 
Incoming Clue! Everybody Down!

Special message to Roger K. Miller, a newspaperman for many years and a freelance writer who penned this book review in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch for The Explainer, a collection from Slate.com. Mr. Miller, you finish your review with the following throw-away line:
  • Finally, the answer to one entry - "What Health Benefits Do Congressman Receive?" - raises another question that is, unfortunately, beyond the purview of the Explainer. Which is: Why don't the rest of us have that?

Here's your FREE CLUE!


The rest of us don't get job benefits for jobs we don't have. For instance, you don't get my salary, my health and dental plan, my free, confidential counseling, my 401k match, nor my opportunity to participate in the employee stock purchase plan (ESPP). Hey, you don't get invited to the Christmas party, either. You know why? Because you don't work there!

I get your ill-placed point, though. The government should provide all benefits to all people, regardless of their employment situation, personal ability, or drive to succeed. That's a nice story, Brody I notice you've stopped stuttering.

 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."