Tuesday, January 27, 2004
 
Only Ten?

MSN has Ten Surefire Ways to Tick Off Your Coworkers on its Careers site. Hey, I took a look because I thought I might pick up some new techniques. Unfortunately, this little document is about things you might do that might tick off your co-workers and why you shouldn't do it. I don't do the ones listed here.

I have, however, inadvertently stumbled across other surefire techniques to, if not tick off, at least raise hackles of, co-workers and office mates. So might I suggest the following:
  • Audible smacking of gum.

  • Real-time audio commentary to whatever sputteringly shocking news story you are looking at on the Web. Also, do this for at least six hours a day.

  • A messiah complex, wherein you exclaim to anyone who is listening that you are the greatest job title that ever was, but low how they mistreat you. Oh, how sorry they will be when you're gone. How lonely they will be in the silence of the whining.

  • Answering questions that weren't asked and then vigorously defending your position to a startled co-worker. Remember to get angrier if he or she agrees or tries to appease you.

  • Clearing the nose and the throat with gusto. Every couple of minutes.

  • Vigorous scratching and appropriate relief noises, particularly if you can bare the skin to scratch.
I am sure my former office mate could add more to this list, but until the doctors break through his catatonia defense mechanism, we'll never know.

 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."