Thursday, December 04, 2003
 
Fisking Robert Cohen

I was going to fisk Robert Cohen's latest column, but it's too time consuming to refute this bad Santa's columns for no pay. However, I do want to snark about this bit:
    The use of George W. Bush as a role model for a Democratic presidential aspirant is both novel and troubling. Bush, after all, is Mr. Secrecy. His White House -- actually, it's ours -- is virtually hermetically sealed. We still do not know who Vice President Cheney consulted in drawing up the administration's leave-no-energy-company-behind energy bill, and there is the little matter of our still not knowing why the administration went to war to rid Saddam Hussein of weapons he did not have. It is -- shhh -- a secret.
My snarkage:
  • Leave-no-energy-company-behind energy bill? Come on, Dicky, this administration left their oil buddies at Enron behind, didn't they? Oh, never mind. I cannot talk sense into you. I better just call you Dicky again to elevate this conversation to its proper depth.

  • not knowing why the administration went to war to rid Saddam Hussein of weapons he did not have? Come on, that's so cliché, and a lying cliché at that. Are you (a) really that simplistic in your analysis of foreign policy, or (b) dumbing it down because you think your readers are that simplistic about foreign policy? Which is worse?

    Actually, I'd like to point out that "administration" and "weapons" still have more than one syllable. Just in case you think the American public disagrees with you and yours because they just don't understand! You can still make it dumberer for them.
I keep asking myself why I bother to try to read things with which I disagree since they make me so angry. Life's too short. I should stick to pulp fiction.

 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."