Wednesday, October 22, 2003
 
Richard Roeper Crosses the Line

In his column today for the Chicago Sun-Times, Richard Roeper discusses the marketing creation "metrosexual." He's spot on when he says nobody but people who are selling something to men who want to be "metrosexuals" every really uses the term "metrosexual."

However, he goes over the line with his clincher paragraph:
    Uh, I don't think so. And after I finish my Guinness tonight, moisturize and then read a few pages of The Devil Wears Prada before I watch "SportsCenter," I'll sleep well, knowing this whole metrosexual thing is just media-fueled nonsense. Hell, I don't think I even know any metrosexuals.
Dammit, were I in Chicago, I might feel the need to defend my manliness by having a slap fight with him or downing a Budweiser just to prove I could. As it were, I shall finish my Guinness, read a chapter of The Dive from Clausen's Pier, and ....

Uh oh.

Looks like there might be some awkward conversations at Thanksgiving when I come out of the walk-in closet.

Oh, wait, my beautiful wife dresses me, so I guess I am not a metrosexual after all.

 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."