Saturday, October 18, 2003
 
Albright Now, Baby, She's Albright Now

Like her boss, "Mad" Albright is campaigning against attacking Bush for his foreign policy. Because I give her point of view these days the same credibility I would give an Internet Troll, I am going to give her remarks the corrective treatment favored by Frank J. and my beautiful wife by rewriting "cleaning up" her remarks:
    US President George W. Bush's foreign policy "is what we should have been doing in the Clinton adminstration all along."

    "America is much stronger than a multilateral system, they better be on the our side, work with us. Or else it's America versus the others."

    She said that UN chief Kofi Annan, who has come out against a US draft resolution on Iraq currently before the UN Security Council, was the "best secretary general since the creation, for what that's worth" of the world body.
All right, that's getting dull. What could she have said to characterize herself and her peers properly?
    "It's not difficult to be in France and criticise my government. But I'm doing so because I think I am a Dixie Chick because in the Clinton administration, we had the depth and breadth of pop stars."

    On Iraq, Albright said "I fear that there really is chaos there. We don't know what's going to happen. One or two Americans a day are killed. We should have sent our soldiers on costly-but-safe excursions that outlasted their exit date by a decade or more, like Bosnia."

    Even if ridding Iraq of its "terrible" leader had its merits, Albright added: "I don't understand why the war happened now. I would have liked to see us concentrate on Afghanistan because this Karzai guy is a mad tyrant and needs to be overthrown."
I have to do these things, you understand, to keep this vein in my forehead to keep from throbbing painfully.

 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."