Friday, August 22, 2003
 
Son of a Raskol!

Pejman links to a valuable psychological self-examination in which you can determine which Dostoyevsky protagonist you are.

Me?
You are Raskolnikov of "Crime and
Punishment". You are a student who has
dropped out of college, cosumed with your
ideas, much to the concern of your family and
friends. What's interesting you the most right
now is your idea of surpassing morality, and
becoming a "superman". However, your
love of a religious prostitute, your concern
for your sister, and your guilty conscience
indicates that there is morality. Watch out for
urbane police inspectors!

Which Dostoyevsky protagonist are you?
brought to you by Quizilla


Whew! Thankfully. Crime and Punishment is the only Dostoyevsky I've read, although I have a paperback collection which includes Notes from Underground, Poor People, and Friend of the Family among my hundred or so volume "To Read" library (and as a Russian novel, it's tied with War and Peace and only slightly before or after the incomplete 14 volume set of History of Philosophy for the title of Last Thing To Read). I would have been lost if Quizilla had determined I was a Karamazov.

First, I would like to apologize in advance to my elderly neighbor. Please understand, I am a victim of circumstance:
  • I am Ubermensch.
  • Quizilla told me to do it.
Also, I would like to apologize to my hot conservative chick on a bike for calling you "Sonia" in an inappropriate moment in the near future.

 
To say Noggle, one first must be able to say the "Nah."